- Learn the correct way to head a formal letter.
- Use formal language that is appropriate to audience.
- Recount one specific event (favourite!!)
Top right hand corner: Your name and address
Miss a line and then your recipients name and address (Left hand side).
Miss two lines (Date)
Miss two lines Dear ___________________,
Start first paragraph on indent
- General thank you, may be specific to things they did in particular. E.g help with food preparations/ light fires.
- Some things you learnt at camp (e.g relate to STARS), life skills, patience? team work? Explain why these things are important in life.
- Recount your favourite experience at camp. This is where you are able to show how well you can write in recount style.
- Reinforce main points and thank again.
5) Your Faithfully/ Regards
Helpers names: 1) Duncan, 2) Kay, 3) Vili, 4) Fred, 5) Cas, 6) Alex, 7) Mike, 8) Robert and Gill, 9) Shane, 10) Frikkie.
You will draft this and get a buddy to check it before I see it.